Also known as Uranian planets, these gaseous giants have vastly different compositions from other giant worlds; the core is mostly rock and ice surrounded by a tenuous layers of methane, water, and ammonia. Additionally, the magnetic field is sharply inclined to the axis of rotation. Class I planets typically form on the fringe of a star system.
- Extreme attrition damage to units outside Pressure Domed facilities.
- Due to nature of surface, ground combat on surface is impossible (100% attrition to units forced to land on planet)
- No Water for Naval Units
- No Water for Fishery or Waterport
- Extreme Atmosphere, Air Units only 50% effective.
- Facilities can not function here unless they have the Repulsorlift Upgrade, immediately destroyed on surface.
- Facilities can not function here unless they have the Pressure Dome Upgrade, or suffer damage.
- Facilities can not be constructed here, they must be transported here.
- Mines do no produce anything.
- Gas Mine produce x2 Energy.
- Extreme Weather Events.